As a passionate explorer, I always plan in advance where I want to travel the following year. I always explore countries as a whole, I rarely explore just a city or a region of a country. This way, I focus on exploring places from an authentic point of view, related to:
Check my wish list to see if I am coming to your country soon. I would love to work with you as a travel blogger.
———— 2015: Hungary, Morocco ————
———— 2018: Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Montenegro ————
———— 2019: Thailand ————
———— 2019: Israel and Palestinian Territories (Fall 2019) ———— unfortunately this trip was cancelled
Check the places where I have traveled in my travel planning gallery. I can share with you my experiences as a travel writer or a travel consultant and can help plan a personalized trip for you.
As a Travel Blogger & Writer, I focus on sharing my experiences about:
- trip reviews of authentic places, which are first of all “off the beaten track,” with unspoiled heritage, architecture, culture, lifestyle, and/or traditions;
- tourism infrastructure reviews (e.g. accommodations – hotel, guesthouse & catering units – restaurants, coffee/tea houses, lodges, pubs, and bars, etc) located in old restored buildings, most of the times designated as historic monuments or within a historical protected area/buffer zone;
- local people with personal stories (e.g. peddlers, camel keepers, merchants, fishermen, sailors, nomads, etc);
*If you know interesting people whom I might be interested to meet, if you own a historic building/house, or if you have a special authentic and cultural tour to promote, hit me with a message. I can write thematic articles that match my expertise or a personal story about you, your tour, your property, or your acquaintance/friend. At this moment, these articles are possible through an exchange basis (e.g. barton system for guesthouse reviews).
*My personal reviews and articles are published on the Authentic’s Travel website and are possibly recycled in other publications (see my list of published articles or guides in English or in Romanian).
As a Tour Guide, I want to offer to other independent travelers in-depth authentic experiences in the county of Sibiu, Romania (my hometown). I have explored myself all of the destinations in Sibiu county and have selected the most authentic ones for you. Whenever you come to Sibiu, you have a diverse range of tours around the city from which you can choose (hikes, villages, hidden corners of Sibiu, local food).
- 2h walk through the historic city of Sibiu (with explanations about the history, architecture, culture of the city and its key sights)
- hidden places in Sibiu (depending on your interest – a two-to-four-hour walk in Sibiu, where I will show you lesser known sights/ inside and outside of the city center)
- photo tour of medieval Sibiu (I will take you to the most photogenic corners of old Sibiu, from where you will have great views of the main cathedral and of picturesque streets and passageways)
- short hike to a panoramic lookout of Sibiu (this tour is combined with a visit to a fortified church and a walk through a traditional hamlet, with sheep, cows, orchards, and sometimes even with rabbits, foxes, and deer)
- road trip through Sibiu’s countryside (we will visit Saxon villages as well as Romanian villages and I will explain and show to you the differences between them; we will stop at several fortified churches and wander picturesque streets with a typical atmosphere)
* If any of the above mentioned tours don’t speak to you, still hit me with a message. I also offer personalized tours and will craft a special tour only for you.