Serbia Travel Planning 2022 is the summary of my one-month road trip throughout Serbia during the spring of 2022 (April). The pace of traveling was slow, in accordance with the flexibility I had to go and stay wherever I wanted with my car. Here you can find my other Balkans Trip – the Balkan Countries Planning from 2017 – Macedonia, Albania, and Kosovo, Balkan Countries Travel Planning 2018: Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Montenegro, Serbia, and Bulgaria Travel Planning 2021.
Serbia Travel Planning 2022 – General Planning:
Travel Planning for the road trip through Serbia was very random and almost not-existent. I hadn’t seen Serbia until that moment (even though I live in the neighboring country, in Romania), so I considered it was a good moment to visit it considering the post-pandemic restrictions still present in other parts of the world.
I used a Lonely Planet Guide for the southeastern part of Europe. I had names of places where I wanted to go and a vague idea of the order of the places I wanted to see: Niș – Belgrade – Novi Sad – Subotica. As I was going with my own car, I didn’t bother too much with planning. I was flexible to go, stop, and stay wherever I wanted during a time frame of one month.
Serbia Travel Planning 2022 – Fixed Plans:
– a few camping grounds at the border to Romania
Serbia Travel Planning 2022 – Intentions, but nothing fixed:
When I left to Serbia, all I knew was that I wanted to go to some places but I hadn’t fixed dates for them:
– stay in Serbia for one month: that’s how much I approximated I needed to explore the whole country without rush
– find a way to go to Uvac Canyon, which is accessible only by off-road
– go to Niș, Belgrade, Novi Sad, and Subotica
– explore the monasteries around Novi Sad
– explore the Art Nouveau architecture in Subotica
Serbia Travel Planning 2022 – Final Result:
This is the final result of my trip through Serbia, where I eventually stayed for one month. Enjoy your reading and let me know your opinion about Serbia. Which is your favorite place in Serbia? Why?
- crossed the border from North Macedonia to Serbia, via Preševo border crossing
- explored Niș and its surroundings for three days
- road trip from Niș to Novi Pazar, via Kapaonik mountain resort
- road trip from Novi Pazar to Uvac Canyon, with stops at several Orthodox monasteries
- road trip from Uvac Canyon to Bogutovačka Banja, via Maglic
- road trip from Maglic to Zajecar, with a stop in Trstenik
- explored Zajecar and its surroundings for two days
- road trip from Zajecar to Donji Milanovac, via Rajacke Pimnice and Negotin
- road trip along the scenic Danube klisura, via Kladovo and Lepenski Vir
- road trip along the scenic Danube klisura, via Golubac and the Silver Lake
- road trip from the Silver lake to Smederevo, with a stop at Ram fortress and Viminacium Roman archaeological site
- long road trip from Smederevo to Kragujevac, with a detour to Manasija Monastery
- road trip from Kragujevac to Belgrad’s neighborhoods, with a stop at Topola
- explored Belgrade and its surroundings for almost a full week
- road trip from Mala Mostanica (near Belgrade) to Novi Sad
- explored Novi Sad (+ Petrovaradin) and its surroundings for three days
- road trip from Novi Sad to Subotica, with a stop in Sombor
- explored Subotica and its surroundings for two days
- back to Novi Sad for several relaxing days
- long drive back home from Novi Sad to Sibiu, via Jasa Tomic border crossing
This is the summary of my one-month road trip throughout Serbia. Enjoy your reading and let me know your opinion about Serbia. Which is your favorite place in Serbia? Why? Where would you go?